Sunday, November 7, 2010

Warren

             This is Warren.  He was an ass hole.  Now, he's dead.  I'm an ass hole, someday, I'll be dead.  I haven't got the foggiest fucking idea what death is but I know a lot of things it isn't.  Not to worry, I'm not going to give you my list.
             Everyone recognizes Jesus when they see him despite the FACT we have no idea what he looked like.  That's OK, we know what he believed and what he taught.  He was a carpenter, and a Jew.  He was a Rabbi.  Me and Warren, aren't Jewish.  In fact, I've thought for a long time,  and after some Bible reading, that one of the worst misfortunes would be to be born one of God's chosen people.  This isn't antisemitic, just one of my thoughts.       
              I've also thought, since the beginning, there's been a shit-load of people.  Some of them are remembered forever.  Most of us are lucky to be remembered for maybe two generations.  Being remembered is part of the key to immortality.  I'm beginning to believe that another part is anarchy.    
               Say what?  Say this:  "take what you need and leave the rest."  When you can and however you can, give back.  The easiest way to do this is to change your focus.  Cooperation and patience before competition and free enterprise. Each of these are useful and necessary, its the sequence that's important.  If I want to give my brother or sister my best, I don't need a competitor to assure quality control.  I need a competitor when I play chess.  
                Warren may have been a fuck-up like me but he had a reason for being here and he has a reason to be remembered.  So, I'll not only remember Warren, I'll tell you a little about him.  If you do the same for someone who has influenced you, someone will do the same for you.  Maybe you'll never know what they did or said, its for damn sure Warren didn't know I was going to  say this,  but whatever, it will be part of what makes you eternal, and that's anarchy and Warren is eternal because his friends remember him.              

No comments:

Post a Comment